Let’s face it, the roof is one of the most important parts of a home or building. Without it, the interior of the home would suffer exposure to the elements, and the building as a whole would suffer serious wear, tear and damage. When planning a building project, the roof’s structure must receive sufficient attention and planning. Also, the best quality roofing supplies must be used in the construction process.
If you are looking for roofing solutions in South Africa, you have come to the right place. At Marley Roofing, we offer best-quality roofing supplies in our various branches located in Olifantsfontein (Gauteng), Bronkhorstspruit (Gauteng), Tongaat (KwaZulu-Natal), Cape Town (Western Cape), Nelspruit (Mpumalanga) and Polokwane (Limpopo), as well as in Botswana and Zambia. Compromising on the quality of your roofing products is essentially putting your home at risk, and welcoming future repair and replacement expenses that you could otherwise avoid.
When constructing a roof, you will need essential roofing supplies. These supplies include roof tiles, overlapping fittings, butt joint fittings, under-tile membranes, heat reflective radiant barrier laminates, serrated nails, storm clips, M22 roof paint and oxide. Of course, we recommend that you only consider our clay or cement roof tiles for your roof construction.
Benefits of Clay Roof Tiles
- Clay tiles can last as long as 100 years. In many instances, longer.
- These tiles are available in various shapes, sizes, styles and finishes, which means that there’s a vast variety of effects that you can create with your new roof.
- Clay tiles have reflective properties, which means that they can help to reduce heat in the home on hot days/months, which in turn helps occupants to decrease their heating and cooling costs.
- Clay does not fall victim to mould or rot, and will not shrink and expand during temperature changes.
- Installing clay tiles is a great investment, as they will probably never need to be replaced. However, it is important to take the weight of these tiles into consideration. They can be heavier than other types of tiles, so just make sure that the roof’s main frame/structure can support the weight.
Benefits of Concrete Roof Tiles
Concrete roof tiles are a good choice for those looking for a balanced combination of durability and aesthetic appeal for their roofs. Below are a few benefits to consider:
- They are long wearing and typically come with a 20-year warranty, although you can expect them to last much longer.
- Concrete tiles are available in many different colours to match the appeal of your home, and even fit in with your neighbourhood or complex.
- For coastal homes, they are the ultimate roofing solution, as they are resistant to the damaging effects of salt.
- These tiles offer thermal performance that keeps the home at a comfortable temperature, regardless of the season or weather.
- Concrete tiles offer exceptional sound insulation.
- Concrete tiles require very little in terms of maintenance, and are resistant to fire damage.
Concrete roof tiles are a great investment, but keep in mind that the material itself is quite porous. This means that in order to form a good barrier, the concrete tiles must be sealed. A sealed concrete tile will be able to stop moisture from coming into the building through the roof, which can cause all manner of damage and lead to health issues too (mould and allergens).
At Marley Roofing, we firmly believe that the secret to a long-lasting and reliable roof is to make use of roofing supplies of the best possible quality. What you spend now will certainly save you in the long run. We endeavour to manufacture and import a range of the finest quality roofing tiles, and we make it our mission to never compromise on quality and affordability.
If you would like to find out more about our roofing solutions that are available in South Africa, we welcome you to visit one of our many branches located in the country. Our friendly consultants are always available to impart with roof building advice, and to supply you with further roofing information as required. You can contact us for branch details or connect with us via telephone, email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitter, DesignMind, or even on YouTube. We’re here for you in any way that’s most convenient for you!